This can be broiled or cooked on the grill. Forget about Taco Bell's grilled steak carne asada soft tacos when you can make much better at home!
- 20 ounces top sirloin steaks
For the Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For the Tacos
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- Mix together ingredients for marinade in a small bowl.
- Place steak in a dish or plastic bag and pour marinade over it and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Bring steak out of refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Drain the meat, saving the marinade.
- Grill meat 3-4 minutes per side (for med-rare), basting occasionally with marinade, or cook longer if desired.
- Slice meat thinly and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a towel and warm in a microwave; or if desired, warm briefly in a skillet and then wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- To assemble taco, place approximately 2 ounces of meat, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, a small amount of tomatoes and some taco sauce on each tortilla.
- Serve immediately.
These were FABULOUS!! Wowie!! The marinade was slightly different from what we are used to but we liked it so much. The citrus flavor was mild but I could taste it--delicious. We assembled them like you mapped out except I had some chopped avocado to add in. Everyone got quiet because we were munching down on these tacos. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I could not decide what to buy and cook when I got up this morning, then I saw this on the home page. I had to use top round because the grocery store didn't have the sirloin, but it still was pretty tender after 7 hours marinating, and my husband grilled it. Oh so very tasty - and was told by my others that it's a keeper. Thanks for bailing me out today!
We made this the other night...VERY GOOD! Everyone really enjoyed this. This is a definate keeper for us...we followed the recipe to a "T" Thank You =)