Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The chimichurri sauce is made of parsley and gets a kick from crushed red peppers. Posted for ZWT IV Argentina. Recipe is from Bon Appetit June 2005.
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, plus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 24 ounces rib eye steaks
- 4 sourdough bread, demi-baguettes halved horizontally
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine first 6 ingredients in processor; add 2/3 cup oil and puree until almost smooth. Season chimichurri with salt and pepper.
- Brush pepper strips, steaks, and cut side of bread with remaining 1/4 cup oil. Sprinkle peppers and steaks with salt and pepper. Grill peppers until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill bread, cut side down, until beginning to brown lightly, about 2 minutes. Thinly slice steaks crosswise; divide among bread bottoms. Spoon chimichurri over steak (about 1/4 cup per sandwich), then top with pepper strips. Cover with bread tops and serve.
- Recipe Remix:. Toss any remaining chimichurri sauce with potato wedges and roast in 400°F oven until just tender, about 40 minutes.