Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The chimichurri sauce is made of parsley and gets a kick from crushed red peppers. Posted for ZWT IV Argentina. Recipe is from Bon Appetit June 2005.
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, plus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 24 ounces rib eye steaks
- 4 sourdough bread, demi-baguettes halved horizontally
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine first 6 ingredients in processor; add 2/3 cup oil and puree until almost smooth. Season chimichurri with salt and pepper.
- Brush pepper strips, steaks, and cut side of bread with remaining 1/4 cup oil. Sprinkle peppers and steaks with salt and pepper. Grill peppers until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill bread, cut side down, until beginning to brown lightly, about 2 minutes. Thinly slice steaks crosswise; divide among bread bottoms. Spoon chimichurri over steak (about 1/4 cup per sandwich), then top with pepper strips. Cover with bread tops and serve.
- Recipe Remix:. Toss any remaining chimichurri sauce with potato wedges and roast in 400°F oven until just tender, about 40 minutes.
Great flavor! It was pretty simple to make and I loved this on sourdough bread. I followed the recipe as stated and it turned out wonderful. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Made Argentinean Barbecued Steak and used it to make up this delicious sandwich. My DH and I both really loved the blend of flavours.
This was quite good and easy to make. I used a regular baguette instead of a sourdough one (none to be had at the supermarket) Otherwise I followed the recipe as instructed. It was a little messy but the flavor was a little spicey and good. Had a lot of the chimichurri sauce left over, will save it and use on something else. Made for ZWT4.