4 hrs 30 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Char peppers over gas flame or in a broiler until blackened on all sides, turning occassionally. Transfer to medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap and cool. Peel, seed and cut peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips (***or use jarred roasted red peppers).
- 2Brush beef with oil, sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature while preparing grill (medium high heat).
- 3Grill beef to desired doneness, turning occasionally (30 minutes for rare). Transfer beef to a plate and chill uncovered until cold (4 hours).
- 4Slice beef.
- 5Cut rolls horizontally in half.
- 6Spread mayonnaise and mustard over cut sides of rolls.
- 7Arrange beef, Brie, watercress, eggs, and bell pepper strips on bottom half of the rolls. Cover with roll tops.
- 8**** Can be made one day ahead - wrap in foil and refrigerate.****.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 383.0 mg
- Sodium 507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence