Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 2005)
Make and share this Grilled Steak Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Char peppers over gas flame or in a broiler until blackened on all sides, turning occassionally. Transfer to medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap and cool. Peel, seed and cut peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips (***or use jarred roasted red peppers).
- Brush beef with oil, sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature while preparing grill (medium high heat).
- Grill beef to desired doneness, turning occasionally (30 minutes for rare). Transfer beef to a plate and chill uncovered until cold (4 hours).
- Slice beef.
- Cut rolls horizontally in half.
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard over cut sides of rolls.
- Arrange beef, Brie, watercress, eggs, and bell pepper strips on bottom half of the rolls. Cover with roll tops.
- **** Can be made one day ahead - wrap in foil and refrigerate.****.
Excellent sandwhich! i used low fat mayo and didnt use oil, just sprayed with pam cooking spray. i didnt add eggs to mine, but my bf liked his with eggs. love this version on the steak sandwhich.