1/5 Photos of Grilled Steak Sandwich With Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
this tasty grilled steak sandwich can be made during bbqs or using a home griller or toaster oven. left over bbq steaks can also be used while just topping it with the grilled mushrooms and caramelized onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 sandwich steaks (thin slices)
- olive oil, as needed
- steak seasoning, as needed
- 3/4 cup mushroom, champignon
- 8 slices rye bread
- French fries (optional) or chips (optional)
for the caramelized onions
- 1for the onions, heat oil, add onions and cook for 15 mins or until soft.
- 2add water, brown sugar, vinegar and simmer until water has nearly evaporated adding the butter last,turning off the heat and stirring it.
- 3for the steak, brush both sides with oil and add a bit of steak seasoning, grilling it for 2-3 mins on each side.
- 4grill the mushrooms too for 2 minutes and cut into slices.
- 5then, toast the bread adding the grilled steak and top with caramelized onions and mushrooms.
- 6repeat with others and serve with french fries or chips.
- 7best served warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Sandwich With Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 566.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g