Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner. Serve with Grilled Tomatoes - Cheese Topped.
- 1 lb round steak (1/4 inch thick)
- meat tenderizer (I prefer Adolphs)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick slices)
- Cut steak into 6 pieces and sprinkle generously with tenderizer, piercing with a fork.
- Grease lightly and preheat griddle to 400 degrees.
- Grill meat 2 to 3 minutes on each side; pepper to taste.
- MAKE SAUCE by combining the butter through the salt and heating.
- Toast the bread.
- TO SERVE; dip one side of the toast, using a fork, quickly into the sauce; top with the steak and spoon the remaining sauce on the steaks.
I think I like this better than French dip sandwiches! I cooked flank steak (because it was was on hand) on my stove-top grill pan, let it rest for 10 minutes, then thinly sliced it across the grain. I toasted French rolls, halved, in a 400* oven, and instead of putting the salt in the sauce, I used it to season the flank steak before cooking it. I added the meat juices to the sauce. So glad I tried your recipe, Trisha, I will return to it often! Lynnie