Halcyon Eve's Note:
I put this together for dinner tonight, and it was so good! It was very hearty and filling, with bread and cheese as an accompaniment. Amounts are just estimated guidelines. Use a good quality Dijon mustard, ideally a strong, but not too vinegary, mustard. Prep time is an estimated time for all the chopping etc listed in the ingredients. You can prepare the vegetables, steak, and vinaigrette in advance and refrigerate until ready to use--I'd say use the same day, though, or there will be some loss in quality.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 large shallot, minced finely
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced chives
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (good quality, such as Maille)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cups salad greens
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 lb tiny new potatoes, boiled, drained, and cooled to room temperature (optional)
- blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1Brush steak with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat to a little rarer than desired doneness (around 10-15 minutes for rare). Set steak aside.
- 2In a pint size mason jar (or other non-reactive container with a tight lid), combine shallots and red wine vinegar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then add chives, salt & pepper to taste, and mustard. Pour in olive oil, close lid, and shake vigorously until emulsified. Taste and correct as needed.
- 3Cut steak into bite-size pieces.
- 4To assemble salad, place 2-3 cups of salad greens on each of 4 large plates. Place cucumber, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and red onion rings on top. Divide steak among salads. Top with chopped tomato. If using potatoes, place around edge of salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad. If desired, top with blue cheese crumbles.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Salad With Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.1
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 201.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g