Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Don't let the calorie and fat listing sway you. Although I give specific quantities of the ingredients, you can use more or less depending on your tastes and health concerns. However, I wouldn't leave any of them out because the combination blends so well. I'm sure low fat selections would taste just a delicious. I had a similar dish at a restaurant while on vacation about 10 years ago and have been making it at home ever since. Great as a main dish and totally satisfying and refreshing. Use your favorite brand of Italian dressing, croutons etc. Only use fresh mozzarella. I hope you like it.
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 stick pepperoni
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- Preheat grill.
- Wash, tear and dry lettuce.
- Drain and lightly chop roasted red peppers.
- Cut pepperoni into bite size pieces.
- Cube fresh mozzarella.
- Put into large salad bowl and lightly toss.
- Season meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Grill on medium high heat, 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Remove steak from grill and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Cut meat into bite sized pieces and add to salad bowl.
- Add croutons and salad dressing to taste.
- Toss all ingredients and serve.