Add grilled steak to a bed of watercress and vegetables and toss with a tangy homemade dressing for a hearty main-dish salad. (This recipe is great with leftover beef.) From the July, 2003 Cooking Light Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 lb cut green beans
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
- 1Prepare grill.
- 2To prepare salad, place the beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place beef in a large bowl.
- 3Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add beans. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Add beans, watercress, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and hearts of palm to beef, and toss gently to combine.
- 4To prepare dressing, combine red wine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Salad With Caper Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 855.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 27.6 g