Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband loves steak and he prepares this salad often in the summer when produce is plentiful. The success of this recipe depends on the quality and freshness of the ingredients. The meat can also be cooked on the stove top if you wish. We like to serve this with corn on the cob on the side!
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces top sirloin steaks or 10 ounces flank steaks
- 4 cups mixed greens, rinsed and drained
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, grilled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (seasonal onion such as Walla Walla or Vidalia) or 1⁄2 cup sliced onion (seasonal onion such as Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Prepare dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat grill (or range) and cook zucchini on each side 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to salad bowl. Grill meat until medium rare or cooked to desired doneness. Set meat aside.
- Place mixed greens and other vegetables inlcuding the zucchini in salad bowl and add a little bit of the dressing and toss gently. Arrange the mixture on two salad plates.
- Slice steak on grain. Serve the steak over the prepared salad.
- Serve remaining salad dressing on side.