Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a Gourmet magazine. This is one of my adopted recipes.
- 4 taco size flour tortillas
- 2 (12 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large white onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 fresh hot cherry pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for 15 minutes.
- Mix the coriander& pepper together.
- Brush the steaks with 1 tbsp of olive oil and generously coat with the coriander and pepper mixture; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 10- 12 minutes Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice, the salt& pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, cherry peppers, and chives and set aside.
- Place the meat on the grill& cook to desired doneness, let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2" pieces.
- Grill the tortillas, 30-60 secs on each side, until warm, and light grill marks show.
- Place a tortilla on each dish, distribute the onions evenly among the tortillas and arrange 1/4 of the steak slices over the onions.
- Top with a dollop of spicy pepper cream, and garnish with the tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately.