Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Many of us are guilty of clipping recipes from magazines and newspapers in hopes of "trying them soon". I finally cleaned out my stash of clipped recipes the other day and will post them here for safekeeping and sharing. This is from my local newspaper.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 32 ounces steaks
- Combine 1 cup of red wine and the garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and reduce by cooking for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Return to low heat, and stir in the butter and the remaining tablespoon of uncooked red wine.
- Grill steaks without adding anything to them. When ready, let them rest for a few minutes on a plate, then pour the sauce over them.