Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 hrs
Very good for less expensive cuts of beef!! Love the lemon in combination with the feta and other ingredients.Finish the taste combination with "oven roasted sweet potatoes", recipe in 'zaar. Marinating time included in cook time. from local newspaper.
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef marinating steak (eye, round,or sirloin tip)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Finely grate lemon peel and squeese lemon juice.
- Set half the peel and 3 tablespoons of the juice aside.
- In large resealable freezer bag, combine remaining lemon peel and juice, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and oregano.
- Pierce steak numerous times with a fork.
- Add steak to bag, seal and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in couscous.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with wooden spoon and stir in remaining olive oil, reserved lemon peel and juice.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat bbq or broiler.
- Discard marinade.
- BBQ or broil steak for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until it reaches desired doneness.
- Gently stir feta, tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, parsley and mint into couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak into 1/4 inch thick slices and serve warm with couscous salad.