Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
These are the classic south Texas style beef fajitas: thinly sliced marinated flank steak rolled in a soft tortilla and served with all the fajita fixin's. Served at Chevys Fresh Mex in San Diego.
Top Review by cali~jenn
I actually just made this over the weekend and it is very good. I love chevys and got the recipe from their cookbook. The only thing I will do different next time is add in more mexican seasonings. The flavor is awesome but has more asian flavor than mexican.
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
Agua Negra Marinade
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate the steak:.
- Place the meat in a resealable container.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and move the meat around to make sure it's evenly coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 6 to 8 hours.
- To grill the steak:.
- Place the beef on the grill, directly over the coals, and leave undisturbed until grill marks form, then rotate the meat 90 degrees to create a second set of marks.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, turn the beef to cook on the other side, using the same technique to form the grill marks.
- Transfer the beef to a work surface and slice.
- To serve:.
- Serve the steak in a soft warm tortilla, with guacamole (recipe 242317), Pico de Gallo (recipe 240039), grated cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, jalapeno slices, refried beans and Mexican Rice.