This recipe was the grand prize winner in BH&G's 2007 "Your Best Recipes" contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup creamy dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 24 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 12 1/4 inches thick slices baguette-style French bread
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Snip any large pieces in preserves. In bowl combine preserves, horseradish, mustard blend, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2Sprinkle beef on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 3For charcoal grills, grill steaks on the rack on uncovered grill directly over medium coals, turning once. Allow 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, 12-15 minutes for medium. Grill bread slices with steaks during the last 2 minutes, or until bread is toasted; turn once.
- 4For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on rack over heat. Cover and grill for times above.
- 5Divide arugula among 4 serving plates. Top with bread slices. Drizzle with dressing. Slice steak and arrange on bread. Top with red peppers and blue cheese.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.1
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 856.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 41.5 g