Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very fullfilling and enjoyable! The flavor of the steak is so wonderful and with the potatoes and mustard vinaigrette - awesome! Allow to stand for 30 minutes after seasoning the steak. Found in Cottage Living.
- 1 (1 lb) steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, divided (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 lb red new potato, cut in half (about 8 small potatoes)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE (use 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- FIRST, MAKE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended, and add sea salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container.
- MAKE STEAK & POTATOES:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Rub 1 teaspoon pepper and half of rosemary onto both sides; let stand about 30 minutes.
- Toss potato with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary, and add sea salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Grill bell pepper and onion, uncovered, over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Season steak on both sides with sea salt.
- Grill steak, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from hottest part of grill, and cook, covered, another 4 to 5 minutes or until temperature registers 130°F for medium rare.
- Remove steak from grill; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. (Meat will continue to cook.).
- Slice steak into 1/2-inch slices, and toss with potato, grilled vegetables, baby greens, cilantro, and Mustard Vinaigrette.
- Divide evenly onto plates.
- Serve warm.