Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very fullfilling and enjoyable! The flavor of the steak is so wonderful and with the potatoes and mustard vinaigrette - awesome! Allow to stand for 30 minutes after seasoning the steak. Found in Cottage Living.
- 1 (1 lb) steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, divided (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 lb red new potato, cut in half (about 8 small potatoes)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE (use 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- FIRST, MAKE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended, and add sea salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container.
- MAKE STEAK & POTATOES:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Rub 1 teaspoon pepper and half of rosemary onto both sides; let stand about 30 minutes.
- Toss potato with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary, and add sea salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Grill bell pepper and onion, uncovered, over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Season steak on both sides with sea salt.
- Grill steak, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from hottest part of grill, and cook, covered, another 4 to 5 minutes or until temperature registers 130°F for medium rare.
- Remove steak from grill; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. (Meat will continue to cook.).
- Slice steak into 1/2-inch slices, and toss with potato, grilled vegetables, baby greens, cilantro, and Mustard Vinaigrette.
- Divide evenly onto plates.
- Serve warm.