1 hr 20 mins
Very fullfilling and enjoyable! The flavor of the steak is so wonderful and with the potatoes and mustard vinaigrette - awesome! Allow to stand for 30 minutes after seasoning the steak. Found in Cottage Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, divided (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 lb red new potato, cut in half (about 8 small potatoes)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE (use 3/4 cup)
- 1FIRST, MAKE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:.
- 2Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3Slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended, and add sea salt and pepper.
- 4Store in an airtight container.
- 5MAKE STEAK & POTATOES:.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 7Coat steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 8Rub 1 teaspoon pepper and half of rosemary onto both sides; let stand about 30 minutes.
- 9Toss potato with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary, and add sea salt and pepper.
- 10Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 12Grill bell pepper and onion, uncovered, over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 13Season steak on both sides with sea salt.
- 14Grill steak, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- 15Remove from hottest part of grill, and cook, covered, another 4 to 5 minutes or until temperature registers 130°F for medium rare.
- 16Remove steak from grill; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. (Meat will continue to cook.).
- 17Slice steak into 1/2-inch slices, and toss with potato, grilled vegetables, baby greens, cilantro, and Mustard Vinaigrette.
- 18Divide evenly onto plates.
- 19Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak and Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1142.8
- Calories from Fat 839
- Total Fat 93.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 216.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens