Recipe by Mamie37
A favorite for the grill...always a hit, and very easy to do. From a popular local cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- instant meat tenderizer (non-seasoned)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound steak until it is uniformly 1/2 inch thick.
- Use meat tenderizer as directed on label.
- Cook bacon until almost done, but NOT CRISP.
- Sprinkle meat with pepper, garlic salt and kosher salt.
- Score steak diagonally making diamond shaped cuts.
- Turn steak, scored side down.
- Place bacon strips lengthwise on steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Starting at narrow end, roll up steak, jelly-roll style.
- Skewer with wooden sticks at 1 inch intervals.
- Cut into 8 inch slices with serrated knife.
- At this point, you can refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Grill 15 minutes, over medium coals, turning once, or until desired doneness.