Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple steak recipe for the barbeque. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
- 2 beef t-bone steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick (or your favorite steaks)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prepare grill for grilling over med hot charcoal.
- Let steaks sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling.
- Pat steaks dry and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks on oiled rack, turning once until done to desired doneness (approximate times are 10 min for rare, 12 min for med rare, 15 min for med well).
mmmm yes simple and perfect is right. I did spread some de jong mustard on but otherwise followed the recipe. YUMO!!! I will use this recipe many many times, thanks for posting.
Great steaks don't need much! And this is exactly the way we like ours, too! (I use Johnnie's Seasoning salt.) And of course, lots of coarse ground pepper! Delicious!! :) PERFECT!! :)
Great steak and so simple! The BEST kind of recipe. Thank you, Ellie!