Recipe by gailanng
An alterntive cooking method would be to oven bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until cheese starts bubbling. Adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook.
- 12 jalapeno peppers, medium to large size
- 7 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot asian garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for the grill
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a charcoal grill.
- Wash the jalapenos and pat dry. Using rubber gloves, cut off the stems and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to gently scrape out the seeds and membranes. Arrange jalapeno halves on a large platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Sriracha, Monterey jack cheese, and cumin and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese filling.
- When the coals are ready, oil the grill grates. Using tongs, carefully place the poppers in the center of the grill. Cook for a few minutes or until the bottoms of the jalapenos just begin to char. Move the poppers to the edge of the grill so that they can continue to cook over more indirect heat for about 5 minutes more. The poppers are done when they are soft, the cream cheese filling is bubbling and the tops are turning golden. Transfer to a serving platter.