Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
If you haven't tried squid, try it. It is different, but tasty and lends itself to many great recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb squid, cleaned,tentacles reserved
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- Whisk together ¼ cup of oil, 2 tblsps cilantro and half of garlic in a small bowl.
- Using kitchen shears, cut squid bodies down one long side; open flat.
- Using sharp knife, lightly score squid.
- Arrange in large, shallow baking dish in single layer.
- Pour garlic mixture over.
- Let marinate atleast 3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat).
- Heat ¼ cup oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, remaining garlic and tentacles.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tblsps cilantro.
- Grill marinated squid just until opaque, about 45 seconds per side.
- Divide sauce among plates.
- Top with squid.
This is very tasty -- my squid lover gave it an enthusiastic "you can make this again, please!" Because of changes in schedules, the squid marinated for longer than suggested--it didn't seem to hurt it all. Good recipe--thanks, Ev!