Recipe by Ben Ross
I love seafood and squid is one of my favourite seafoods. Squid used to be considered a menace in Australia until recent times.
- 500 g fresh large squid, cleaned and left whole
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 -8 cups assorted salad greens
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade the squid in the soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Thread skewers through the squid two or three times so they will lie flat on the grill.
- Skewer the tentacles separately.
- Grill the squid very quickly, on the hottest part of the grill.
- This should take no more than 60 seconds per side to become lightly browned.
- Dress the greens with the lemon juice and olive oil, then cut up the squid and scatter it on top of the salad.
- Drizzle with the sesame oil and serve.