Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We LOVE grilled summer squash so I always make a jumbo batch and have leftovers. Sometimes we reheat it for lunch. Sometimes I combine it with other summer goodies and a couple pantry staples for this salad. If you aren't in the habit of grilling squash try this recipe Tri-Color Summer Squash on the Grill to get the raw materials. "Cooking" time is chilling time.
- 4 -5 cups grilled squash, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, halved
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Toss all ingredients except Parsley in a large bowl.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Toss again then serve, garnishing each portion with chopped, fresh parsley if desired.
- Can be served as is, on a bed of lettuce, or in a sandwich or wrap.
- Note: Grilled eggplant or green tomatoes can be substituted for some or all of the squash but the flavor may overwhelm the dish and require adjustments to the seasoning.
Thank you, 3KillerB's!!!! This is wonderful!! Love, Becky