Recipe by 3KillerBs
We LOVE grilled summer squash so I always make a jumbo batch and have leftovers. Sometimes we reheat it for lunch. Sometimes I combine it with other summer goodies and a couple pantry staples for this salad. If you aren't in the habit of grilling squash try this recipe Tri-Color Summer Squash on the Grill to get the raw materials. "Cooking" time is chilling time.
- 4 -5 cups grilled squash, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, halved
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients except Parsley in a large bowl.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Toss again then serve, garnishing each portion with chopped, fresh parsley if desired.
- Can be served as is, on a bed of lettuce, or in a sandwich or wrap.
- Note: Grilled eggplant or green tomatoes can be substituted for some or all of the squash but the flavor may overwhelm the dish and require adjustments to the seasoning.