Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is fairly simple and as tasty as it sounds.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 354.88 ml merlot
- 14.79 ml dry onion soup mix (gluten-free)
- 85.04 g bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 New York strip steak (1 inch thick)
- 59.14 ml taco seasoning mix
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Merlot to pan, (away from flame) Reduce wine by half over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.