This is fairly simple and as tasty as it sounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cups merlot
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix (gluten-free)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 New York strip steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions, garlic and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add Merlot to pan, (away from flame) Reduce wine by half over high heat.
- 4Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- 5Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
- 6Preheat grill or broiler to high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- 7Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Spicy New York Strip Steak With Chocolate Merlot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 807.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g