Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is fairly simple and as tasty as it sounds.
Make and share this Grilled Spicy New York Strip Steak With Chocolate Merlot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups merlot
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix (gluten-free)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 New York strip steak (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning mix
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Merlot to pan, (away from flame) Reduce wine by half over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.