Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is fairly simple and as tasty as it sounds.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups merlot
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix (gluten-free)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 New York strip steak (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning mix
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Merlot to pan, (away from flame) Reduce wine by half over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.