Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Grilled Spicy Lime Chicken with Black Bean and Avocado Salad
Make and share this Grilled Spicy Lime Chicken With Black Bean and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 chipotle chilies
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- Preheat grill.
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chilies, Adobo sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl.
- Toss chicken with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in separate large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator while grill continues to preheat.
- Toss black beans, scallions, red pepper, and avocado with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken over very hot fire until well browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and drizzle with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Serve immediately with black bean and avocado salad.