Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grilled Spicy Lime Chicken with Black Bean and Avocado Salad
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 chipotle chilies
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- Preheat grill.
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chilies, Adobo sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl.
- Toss chicken with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in separate large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator while grill continues to preheat.
- Toss black beans, scallions, red pepper, and avocado with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken over very hot fire until well browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and drizzle with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Serve immediately with black bean and avocado salad.
VERY GOOD! Great mixture of flavor!
This is by far one of the best bean salads I have EVER had. I have made this recipe at least a dozen times since I discovered it this summer. Sometimes, I just make the salad and not the chicken. I love the spicyness and the combination of avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
Because I try to limit my carbohydrates, I use organic black soybeans instead of regular black beans. Otherwise, I never mess with this recipe, not one bit! Thanks SO much.
We enjoyed the chicken especially. I liked the salad, but DH prefers a different blackbean salad. We could not find adobo sauce, so we use chipotle salsa in its place.