Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grilled Spicy Lime Chicken with Black Bean and Avocado Salad
Make and share this Grilled Spicy Lime Chicken With Black Bean and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 chipotle chilies
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- Preheat grill.
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chilies, Adobo sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl.
- Toss chicken with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in separate large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator while grill continues to preheat.
- Toss black beans, scallions, red pepper, and avocado with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken over very hot fire until well browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 13 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and drizzle with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Serve immediately with black bean and avocado salad.
VERY GOOD! Great mixture of flavor!
This is by far one of the best bean salads I have EVER had. I have made this recipe at least a dozen times since I discovered it this summer. Sometimes, I just make the salad and not the chicken. I love the spicyness and the combination of avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
Because I try to limit my carbohydrates, I use organic black soybeans instead of regular black beans. Otherwise, I never mess with this recipe, not one bit! Thanks SO much.
We enjoyed the chicken especially. I liked the salad, but DH prefers a different blackbean salad. We could not find adobo sauce, so we use chipotle salsa in its place.