McCormick's Roasted Gourmet Collection works great...the Roasted Cumin and Roasted Coriander. From On My Menu.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
- Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well.
- Grill thighs for about 5-10 minutes on each side or until they're just cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave for just a few seconds to soften. Add the vinegar and combine well. Using the honey mixture, brush the chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.
Great Chicken!! Loved the honey & vinegar at the end. Made for best of 2012.
Wowza, this was good! Even 4 y/o DS said "Mommy, this is the best chicken ever!" I can't say that there is anything I would change. I did use skinless drumsticks instead of thighs per kiddo request and skipped the oil, but otherwise kept everything as written. The smell of this cooking was enough for at least the first 4 stars :). Excuse me as I go add this one to my "Best of 2012" cookbook. Made for ZWT 8: The Wild Bunch.
A-MAY-Zing! Our new favorite grilling recipe.