Grilled Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Prepare brining solution and brine shrimp for 20-25 minutes -- remove shrimp feet and devein with shells left on (this isn't absolutely necessary but it does seem to result in moister grilled shrimp), rinse and dry.
- Using mortar& pestle smash garlic and salt into a smooth paste.
- Add cayenne and paprika and mix well.
- Add olive oil and lemon to form a thin paste.
- (NOTE: Make sure the paste isn't too loose or it will not cling to the shrimp.) Toss shrimp with paste until evenly coated.
- (This mixture can be covered and refrigerated for up to an hour before grilling).
- Grill until shells are bright pink- 2-3 minutes per side.