Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
- Prepare brining solution and brine shrimp for 20-25 minutes -- remove shrimp feet and devein with shells left on (this isn't absolutely necessary but it does seem to result in moister grilled shrimp), rinse and dry.
- Using mortar& pestle smash garlic and salt into a smooth paste.
- Add cayenne and paprika and mix well.
- Add olive oil and lemon to form a thin paste.
- (NOTE: Make sure the paste isn't too loose or it will not cling to the shrimp.) Toss shrimp with paste until evenly coated.
- (This mixture can be covered and refrigerated for up to an hour before grilling).
- Grill until shells are bright pink- 2-3 minutes per side.
These were fantastic! We will cook these again soon. They were so nice and spicy. Thanks for posting this recipe.
These were a bit salty for my taste. I brined them with the shells on and then peeled them, then skewered them and grilled them. I liked the red color they took on and the little bit of spice from the cayanne. DH really liked them. We ate them with lemon spaghetti (Giada's http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Lemon-Spaghetti-From-Giada-319594). Great for a summer's night!
i took shells off after brining. very tasty. I love salt but found these to be a little too salty. next time i'll reduce the salt in the spice paste. will for sure make again!