Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
This meal is meant to be made the day before so all you have to do is throw the brats on the grill. Nice for a relaxing social gathering.
- In a large saucepan, add beer, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper and chili powder; stir.
- I like using a dark ale.
- With a meat fork, poke holes in each bratwurst.
- Bring water to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Keep lid on pot.
- Chill until time to grill.
- If grilling right away, don't over cook brats.
- Heat grill.
- Grill brats for 8 minutes until skin is golden.
- Turn frequently so brats don't burn or overcook.
- Serve with your favorite condiments- sauerkraut, pickles and mustard.
I followed the recipe as written and thought it gave the brats a good flavor. Thanks Audrey!