Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Marinate one hour but best if allowed to marinate overnight.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut off and discard chicken wings' tips. Cut each chicken wing in half at the joint. Place in plastic bag; set aside.
- Combine preserves, vinegar, hot pepper sauce (add up to 2 teaspoons more for extra spicy sauce), chili powder and garlic.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce in plastic bag with chicken; seal bag and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight. Refrigerate remaining sauce to use for dipping when served.
- Place chicken wings on preheated grill (reserve marinade). Cook for 25 to 30 minutes; brushing chicken with reserved marinade during cooking.
- Discard remaining marinade. Serve with reserved refrigerated sauce.
These had a good grilled flavor to them. I used 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce as the hot pepper sauce ingredient. That produced what I would consider a mildly spicy flavor. I marinade the wings overnight. '
Wow these were great. They had just the right kick to them.