Recipe by Missy Merrill
This is a combination of two recipes from the June/July issue of "Light & Tasty" magazine. I have been experimenting with different ways to cook salmon. This is the one I will use from now on......my family just loved it!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 lb) salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil and sesame oil together.
- Brush both sides of salmon with oil mixture.
- In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings.
- Rub over salmon fillet, covering both sides, pressing seasonings down into flesh.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill salmon fillet uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.