Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a combination of two recipes from the June/July issue of "Light & Tasty" magazine. I have been experimenting with different ways to cook salmon. This is the one I will use from now on......my family just loved it!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 lb) salmon fillets
- Combine olive oil and sesame oil together.
- Brush both sides of salmon with oil mixture.
- In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings.
- Rub over salmon fillet, covering both sides, pressing seasonings down into flesh.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill salmon fillet uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Really enjoyed this recipe. So easy and delicious. Thinking of using the rub on other things as well!
Excellent recipe for salmon. The combination of herbs and spices was wonderful and we loved the brown sugar for a touch of sweetness. This made quite a bit of dry rub so we'll be enjoying this again soon, and I might add a bit of cayenne for a little more heat.