Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
easy to throw together and grill. serve this with a nice merlot.
- 22.18 ml ground coriander
- 22.18 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops
- fresh ground sea salt
- olive oil, for brushing
- 946.38 ml cherry tomatoes
- 14.79 ml butter
- mix spices together, set aside.
- preheat grill to high, then lower to medium.
- season lamb chops with salt, rub it in. use 1 tsp of spice mix on each lamb chop, rub it in.
- let the chops sit for 15 minutes.
- brush with olive oil and grill 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- meanwhile toss tomatoes with the rest of the spice mix.
- heat butter in a skillet, add tomatoes, season with salt, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- serve tomatoes alongside lamb chops.
These were excellent, and the addition of the cherry tomatoes is inspired. A great barbecue recipe!
I made this recipe after buying some thick loin lamb chops on sale -- and these were the perfect recipe for them--tender, juicy with a wonderful flavor. I skipped the tomatoes and instead served these with Orzo-Broccoli Pilaf Orzo-Broccoli Pilaf. Thanks Chia for another winning recipe!
DH commented that these lamb chops are out of this world good!!! and I agree, just outstanding. The spices are perfect with the lamb and as cooking the tomatoes I really noticed how aromatic the combination of spices were, they filled the air with an invitation to eat!! I did just 4 chops for the two of us; we bbq'd them to medium rare and they were really lushious!! loved the explosion of taste on the palate from both the chops and the tomatoes. Best lamb dinner we have had for a long time, thanks Chia, we will be making these again.