1/1 Photo of Grilled Spiced-Chicken on Golden Couscous
1 hr 15 mins
When the weather doesn't want to cooperate, here's an indoor dish to squash those BBQ withdrawals...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper (julienned)
- 10 fresh arugula leaves
- black sesame seed (cracked)
- 1Mix cumin, cayenne, white pepper, coriander, cinnamon, clove, lemon peel, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley together, set aside.
- 2Pour olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, and orange peel in a ziplock-style plastic bag, and add dried spice mixture.
- 3Close and thoroughly combine.
- 4Reopen and add chicken, close bag and thoroughly coat chicken.
- 5Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to marinade.
- 6About 20 minutes prior to serving, begin grilling chicken. (Exact time may differ depending on size of breasts and style of grill - this was cooked on an indoor gas grill).
- 7About 10 minutes prior to chicken being completely cooked, bring water to boil.
- 8After boiling, combine water and orange juice with couscous according to directions on package - (takes about 5 minutes standing time for couscous to be ready).
- 9Meanwhile, toast almond slivers in small pan.
- 10Remove from pan, then set aside.
- 11Using same small frying pan, lightly sauté red peppers in 1 tablespoon olive oil remove from heat and set aside.
- 12Thoroughly mix cooked couscous, butter, turmeric, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- 13Line serving plate with a flat layer of couscous.
- 14Remove chicken from grill, slice into strips, toss with arugula and red bell pepper.
- 15Place on top of couscous layer.
- 16Top with almond slivers and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Spiced-Chicken on Golden Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 363.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 42.8 g