When the weather doesn't want to cooperate, here's an indoor dish to squash those BBQ withdrawals...
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper (julienned)
- 10 fresh arugula leaves
- black sesame seed (cracked)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Mix cumin, cayenne, white pepper, coriander, cinnamon, clove, lemon peel, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley together, set aside.
- Pour olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, and orange peel in a ziplock-style plastic bag, and add dried spice mixture.
- Close and thoroughly combine.
- Reopen and add chicken, close bag and thoroughly coat chicken.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to marinade.
- About 20 minutes prior to serving, begin grilling chicken. (Exact time may differ depending on size of breasts and style of grill - this was cooked on an indoor gas grill).
- About 10 minutes prior to chicken being completely cooked, bring water to boil.
- After boiling, combine water and orange juice with couscous according to directions on package - (takes about 5 minutes standing time for couscous to be ready).
- Meanwhile, toast almond slivers in small pan.
- Remove from pan, then set aside.
- Using same small frying pan, lightly sauté red peppers in 1 tablespoon olive oil remove from heat and set aside.
- Thoroughly mix cooked couscous, butter, turmeric, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Line serving plate with a flat layer of couscous.
- Remove chicken from grill, slice into strips, toss with arugula and red bell pepper.
- Place on top of couscous layer.
- Top with almond slivers and sprinkle with sesame seeds.