Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good side dish with grilled pork or chicken.
Make and share this Grilled Spiced Apples and Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Heat grill to medium direct heat.
- In a snall bowl, combine melted butter, oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cloves. Mix and set aside.
- Place apple and onion slices on the hot grill. Brush tops with half of butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn apple and onion slices CAREFULLY with a meatal spatula so that onion rings do not seperate. Brush with remaining butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from grill CAREFULLY so that onion rings do not seperate. Layer apple and onion slices on a serving platter.
Well, we thought it was a grilled dessert. So, as a dessert, not exactly what we were hoping for. However, I think this recipe would be great with pork. Nice flavor and very easy to make.
Oh, yum! I actually made these under the broiler, using MacIntosh apples. They turned out great! It's a side dish that absolutely seems to cry out for pork, but steak was what I had and it tasted excellent with that, too. The onion rings DID separate, but who cares?
These worked out wonderfully. I used a grill pan (with a press) to cook and the flavor was great (used a bit less butter than the recipe calls for). No extra sugar needed and they were a nice side dish for some pork loin chops. Thanks!