Recipe by *Parsley*
Good side dish with grilled pork or chicken.
Top Review by CobraLimes
These worked out wonderfully. I used a grill pan (with a press) to cook and the flavor was great (used a bit less butter than the recipe calls for). No extra sugar needed and they were a nice side dish for some pork loin chops. Thanks!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large braeburn apples or 2 large gala apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium direct heat.
- In a snall bowl, combine melted butter, oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cloves. Mix and set aside.
- Place apple and onion slices on the hot grill. Brush tops with half of butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn apple and onion slices CAREFULLY with a meatal spatula so that onion rings do not seperate. Brush with remaining butter/oil mixture. Cover and grill for 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from grill CAREFULLY so that onion rings do not seperate. Layer apple and onion slices on a serving platter.