Recipe by hpitler
This salmon recipe adds a southwestern flavor, complimented with an interesting and very tasty grilled cabbage slaw. This was in the June, 2008 Better Homes and Gardens, page 189.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 salmon fillets (about 5 oz. each)
- 1 small cabbage, cut in 6-8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat charcoal grill (I prefer using a Traeger grill).
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper. Rub spice mixture on salmon.
- Brush cabbage wedges with olive oil.
- Place cabbage wedges and salmon directly on grill, after spraying with cooking oil.
- Grill salmon 4-6 minutes on each side for each 1/2 inch of thickness, turning halfway through cooking time. Turn cabbage at the same time.
- While salmon and cabbage are grilling, peel carrot and slice into thin strips.
- Remove salmon and cabbage when done cooking. Coarsely cut cabbage and toss with carrots and 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper cabbage mixture to taste and serve.