Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals' Can substitute 1 lb of asparagus spears for the Scallions. Grill for about 10 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-in slices
- 12 scallions, with root end trimmed only
- Light the grill. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons oil with the cayenne, thyme, nutmeg, brown sugar, vinegar, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Rub mixture over the pork.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Brush the sweet potatoes and the scallions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper.
- Grill the pork over moderate heat, turning once, until medium to well done, 12 to 15 minutes in all. Transfer the pork to a carving board and leave to rest in a warm spot.
- Grill the sweet potatoes and scallions, turning, until tender, about 5 minutes. Cut the pork into 1/2-in diagonal slices. Serve with sweet potatoes and scallions.