Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Simple ingredients make for a sumptuous side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (3 to 4)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- Toss asparagus with other ingredients.
- Grill over coals on a fine-mesh grate until crisp tender, about 7-10 minutes (time will vary with size).
- To cook indoors, bake in a 400F oven for 12 minutes or until cooked the way you like.
We really enjoyed the flavors...so easy to prepare...I cooked it in the oven at a higher temp for less time due to my other dish that was sharing the oven...loved that you can cook it to your liking...we enjoy a slight bite to the stems and that's what we got...thanks for posting the recipe =)
This tasted terrific. My husband even liked snacking on it raw.
This asparagus recipe was really easy to make and tasted very nice. I made mine in the oven. I used San-J low sodium soy, so I added a little salt to the finished dish after tasting. Followed all directions and ingredients as posted. We served this as a side to Recipe #370930 370930. Thanks! Made for ZWT5.