Recipe by mermaidmagic
Serve with pita bread or with rice and salad for a complete meal. Note that cook/prep time does not reflect overnight marinating.
- 16 ounces lamb, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- pita bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- String meat on skewers, leaving about an inch of space at the pointed end.
- Mix together olive oil, wine if using, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place skewers of meat in marinade and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place skewers on hot grill and cook just a few minutes on each side, until done.
- Squeeze a bit of additional lemon juice over meat if desired.
- Serve in pita bread that has been brushed with olive oil and grilled for a minute to warm.