Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A taco flavored filling sandwiched between the patties gives these burgers a delicious southwest flair. Can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours before grilling. From Kraft Food & Family.
- Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix meat, 3 tablespoons of the Mayo and the seasoning mix; shape into 12 thin patties.
- Combine cheese with 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Spoon over 6 of the patties.
- Cover each with one of the remaining patties, making a 'sandwich', pinching edges together to seal.
- Grill approximately 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (160 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons salsa with remaining 1 tablespoon Mayo.
- Place a lettuce leaf, tomato slice and burger on bottom half of bun.
- Top with salsa mixture; cover with top of bun.
This was a great burger. It was very moist and flavorsome. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I've been using this recipie for several years now. My fiance absolutely loves them! I only use about 1/2 a package of taco seasoning, though. I feel like the whole package takes away the flavor of everything else. These are the moistest turkey burgers you will ever have.
These burgers are really good. They are very moist. They are very flavorful, just like a taco. I didn't have any cheese crumbles, so I used shredded cheese. They turned out just fine. This was very easy to make.(I made these the other day when my Kraft Food & Family book arrived in the mail.) My MIL liked them because they weren't as messy to eat as tacos.