Recipe by bmcnichol
A favorite grilled shrimp recipe.
Top Review by teresas
Excellent grilled shrimp skewers. Quick and easy to prepare. I used the hot picante sauce for delicious heat. I served these over a bed of recipe #191855. They worked great together. I grilled them on my George Foreman grill. A small green salad completed the meal. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse, drain, and peel the shrimp.
- Put shrimp on skewers.
- Mix ketchup, picante sauce, sugar and lemon juice.
- Brush the sauce on the shrimp, reserving some to serve with the shrimp.
- Grill shrimp 5-8 minutes or until done, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Heat and serve the remaining sauce on side.
- I like to serve this over a bed of rice.