Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Toasty grilled sourdough clubs are filled with deli ham and turkey, bacon and cheese. These hearty nourishing sandwiches appeal to all ages, grill up in just minutes…and are a meal in themselves!
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 12 slices cooked bacon, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- On six slices of bread, layer cheese and turkey; sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with ham, bacon and remaining bread. Spread butter over the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 3-4 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
We enjoyed these sandwiches for dinner last night along side some veggie soup. They are wonderful -- the bacon is the star!!!! I didn't have any sourdough, used some 7-grain bread and it was delicious. I also used some pepper-jack cheese (didn't have any cheddar on hand). The next time I make these, I will make sure to have the sourdough bread AND cheddar. But I honestly can't imagine they will make a better sandwich than what we enjoyed last night!
Made for lunch and everyone enjoyed them. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
This is so good -- love the flavor from the garlic powder! I wonder if one could mix the butter and the garlic powder to spread out the outside to give it a yummy garlic bread like flavor as well...