This bread is topped with grilled tomatoes and fresh basil. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
Make and share this Grilled Sourdough Bread With Garden Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Melt butter in 1-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in shallots and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender (1 to 2 minutes).
- Place bread slices onto grill. Grill until toasted (4 to 6 minutes).
- Turn; brush each bread slice with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with basil; top each bread slice with 3 tomato slices.
- Sprinkle each tomato-topped bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Continue grilling until bread is lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes).
Delicious! DH and I both loved this recipe. The grocery didn't have round sour dough loaves but that's the only change I made. Thanks for sharing.
My DH made this yesterday afternoon all by himself, and he absolutely found it so easy to prepare, and equally as wonderful to devour. He only made one sandwich, used the inside grill to warm it, and it was just perfect. This is very easy to just reduce the amounts, and worked perfectly for him. Thanks so much, Lainey! Will make again as this is so great for using leftover breads, and fresh vegetables.