Grilled Sourdough Bread With Garden Tomatoes
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Melt butter in 1-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in shallots and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender (1 to 2 minutes).
- Place bread slices onto grill. Grill until toasted (4 to 6 minutes).
- Turn; brush each bread slice with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with basil; top each bread slice with 3 tomato slices.
- Sprinkle each tomato-topped bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Continue grilling until bread is lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes).