Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
A very moist burger.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, green onions, sour cream Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and then shape into 4 hamburger patties.
- Heat up grill and cook 4 to 6 inches from coals for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done to your likeness.
We added the sour cream, onions, flavourings (adding chilli like Latchy suggested), then decided the mix really didn't need the breadcrumbs. The cooked burgers were moist and juicy and held together beautifully-I think the breadcrumbs would have turned them into little rocks.
I followed this recipe exactly. Its certainly an easy one and the burgers went over well. I think the sour cream acts like yoghurt and tenderises the meat. I will make this recipe again but would probably put in some chili but that is just for my taste.