Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love softshell crabs! This recipe is from Rick Bayless and Saveur magazine. It is wonderful!
Make and share this Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Jicama Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 8 soft shelled crabs, cleaned
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Combine jicama, cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Dress with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 4 tablespoons lime juice. Season with salt, mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, chiles, garlic, onions, avocado and remaining chopped cilantro. Dress with remaining lime juice, season with salt, mix gently and set aside.
- Lightly brush a hot grill or grill pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush crabs with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then place on grill and cook until firm, about 2 or more minutes on each side.
- To serve, divide jicama salad and tomato-avocado salsa between four plates. Top each plate with 2 crabs and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Wow! Being from Maryland, I have to admit, I have never grilled a soft crab. I have now, and this is delicious. The salad, the grilled soft crab, all of it. For a bit of extra Maryland taste, I did add 1 teaspoon of "Old Bay Seasoning" to the olive oil that I brushed the on the crab. The salad it lightly delicate, and the crab savory. A perfect Maryland evening meal. Thank you Susie Cooks! Made for *ZWT3 07*