1/1 Photo of Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Jicama Salad
susie cooks's Note:
I love softshell crabs! This recipe is from Rick Bayless and Saveur magazine. It is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 8 soft shelled crabs, cleaned
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Combine jicama, cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Dress with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 4 tablespoons lime juice. Season with salt, mix well and set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, chiles, garlic, onions, avocado and remaining chopped cilantro. Dress with remaining lime juice, season with salt, mix gently and set aside.
- 3Lightly brush a hot grill or grill pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush crabs with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then place on grill and cook until firm, about 2 or more minutes on each side.
- 4To serve, divide jicama salad and tomato-avocado salsa between four plates. Top each plate with 2 crabs and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g