1/1 Photo of Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Jicama Salad
susie cooks's Note:
I love softshell crabs! This recipe is from Rick Bayless and Saveur magazine. It is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 8 soft shelled crabs, cleaned
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Combine jicama, cucumber, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Dress with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 4 tablespoons lime juice. Season with salt, mix well and set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, chiles, garlic, onions, avocado and remaining chopped cilantro. Dress with remaining lime juice, season with salt, mix gently and set aside.
- 3Lightly brush a hot grill or grill pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush crabs with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then place on grill and cook until firm, about 2 or more minutes on each side.
- 4To serve, divide jicama salad and tomato-avocado salsa between four plates. Top each plate with 2 crabs and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Soft Shell Crabs With Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g