Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A very tender rib. Great for those summer barbecues.
- 3 1⁄3 lbs pork back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cola
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- Spray inside of your 6 quart slow cooker with vegetable spray.
- Remove the inner skin from ribs.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs.
- Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces.
- Place ribs on bottom of slow cooker with onions on top.
- Pour cola over ribs.
- Cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs and discard liquid.
- Place ribs on heated grill.
- Brush with barbecued sauce.
- Cover and grill 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 minutes.
You know I loved this recipe. It was really good, I did at a little water to the recipe and I did not cook them on the ribs because its cold so i just added the bbq sauce along with the water. Try this recipe!!Also, as far as liquid smoke is concerned it is a strong ingridient so you could use 1 tsp an it will not be overpowering.
doubled the recipe, had the ribs in for a full 9 hrs. was very tender, falling apart coming out. found the smell of the liquid smoke overwhelming when it was cooking. i dont think i will use liquid smoke again. otherwise was very good