1/3 Photos of Grilled Skirt Steak With Avocado-Tomato Salsa
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Living in California, we often see skirt steak available. I found this recipe to be fairly authentic to how they grill it out here. You can use lemon juice, but definitely use the lime juice if you can. The onion is wonderful with this but tends to fall though the grill grates, so have an extra sweet onion sliced thick to grill as well. Allow 2 to 4 hours to marinade. (Time for marinading is included in the cooking time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced (for marinade)
- 1 large sweet onion (for grilling)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 12 medium corn tortillas, warmed
Salsa (finely chop the following)
- 1Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place skirt steak and marinade in a ziplock bag and put in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- 3Place oven on 200°F and wrap your tortillas, sealed in foil for about 20 minutes.
- 4Prepare your barbecue for medium heat grilling. Remove steak from the marinade and place on the grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side (medium rare to medium).
- 5Slice the sweet onion and place on the grill as well, brushing with the marinade. Grill until still firm, but just turning tender.
- 6Place the steak and onions on a carving platter. Slice the steak thinly on the diagonal and serve on a platter with the onion.
- 7To eat, place some steak, onion and Avocado-Tomato salsa in a warm tortilla and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Skirt Steak With Avocado-Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.0
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 44.6 g