These are awesome! We made them and everyone went "nuts"! They were all very hungry but we didn't have enough because it seemed like people were coming left and right. We planned it for 6 and there must have been at least 10. Food & Wine Magazine. August 2004 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 566.99 g skirt steaks
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml gorgonzola, crumbled (dolce cheese)
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise (the real kind)
- 1 baguette, cut into four 6-inch lengths and split
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems trimmed
- 1Light a grill or preheat a broiler.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the mustard, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- 3Season with salt and black pepper.
- 4Put the steak in a shallow baking dish and spread the mustard mixture all over it.
- 5Grill the steak over high heat, turning once, until charred and medium rare, about 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let it rest.
- 7Meanwhile, spread the tomato slices on a large platter, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- 8In a small bowl, mash the Gorgonzola with the mayonnaise.
- 9Spread the Gorgonzola mixture on the cut sides of the baguette lengths and grill, cheese side up, until the baguette is toasted and the Gorgonzola is melted, about 1 minute, being careful not to burn the bread.
- 10Cut the steak into 4-inch lengths, then thinly slice it across the grain.
- 11Pile the meat on the baguettes and spoon the accumulated meat juices over the top.
- 12Top with the tomato slices and watercress, close the sandwiches and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Skirt Steak & Gorgonzola Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1905 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 1082.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: