Recipe by Oolala
From Real Simple magazine, June, 2007. This is an easy meal. For a quick boost, toss this fresh, flavorful sauce with pasta or spoon it over chicken, fish or pork.
Top Review by BarbryT
I am not going to assign stars for my making of this...at this point, anyway. While I am not wild about the dish, it is entirely possible that my relative incompetence with real grilling (i.e., outside on a barbecue grill) has contributed to my assessment. The sauce is really flavorful but garlic over-dominates (for me--emphasis, for me! It is entirely a matter of personal taste!). The sweet potatoes didn't carmelize to the extent I like. Nevertheless, it made a tasty meal with a salad. I'm glad I tried it.
- 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut on the diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place parsley, oregano, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly.
- Add the vinegar, oil, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and pulse to combine; set aside.
- Season the steak with remaining salt and pepper and grill to desired doness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, as the steak cooks, toss the potatoes in a large bowl with 1/3 of the herb sauce.
- Place them on the grill in a single layer.
- Cook turning once until tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide the steak and potatoes among 4 plates and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.