1/3 Photos of Grilled Skirt Steak and Sweet Potatoes With Herb Sauce
From Real Simple magazine, June, 2007. This is an easy meal. For a quick boost, toss this fresh, flavorful sauce with pasta or spoon it over chicken, fish or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut on the diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1Heat grill to medium.
- 2Place parsley, oregano, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly.
- 3Add the vinegar, oil, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and pulse to combine; set aside.
- 4Season the steak with remaining salt and pepper and grill to desired doness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 5Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 6Meanwhile, as the steak cooks, toss the potatoes in a large bowl with 1/3 of the herb sauce.
- 7Place them on the grill in a single layer.
- 8Cook turning once until tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- 9Divide the steak and potatoes among 4 plates and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Skirt Steak and Sweet Potatoes With Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.7
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 569.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 49.3 g