Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
I adore potatoes on the grill. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Light mayo is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil potatoes until tender but not too soft. (I cook mine in the microwave.).
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Thread potatoes on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Turn and brush occasionally with reserved marinade.
My family loved these potatoes. I didn't grill them but mixed the sauce and poured it over the potatoes. After marinating I roasted them in the oven until browned. This is a nice change for the ever flexible spud!
These were okay. Don't expect potatoes to get softer once they're on the grill. Pre-cook them to DONE - they're only on the grill for a few mins.
Great flavor! I used white nugget potatoes, cooked them in the AM, marinated them all day in the fridge. Took a minute to skewer them and only about 10 minutes to reheat and brown them. I used Vermouth for the wine (it is actually a fortified wine). Great flavor - Marg I love this recipe Thanks for posting it